National Kidney and Transplant Institute
2nd floor, Annex I, East Avenue, Diliman
Click To View Map
Telephone: 9243601 loc 2137
For GS-Uro Straight Program
- Application and Personal statement completed and signed/ letter of intent addressed to: Enrico P. Ragaza,MD Chairman, Department of Surgery
- National Kidney and Transplant Institute
- Original Dean’s Letter
- Original Copy of Medical School Transcript
- Verification of graduation from Medical School
- PRC Certified true copy with board ratings
- Photocopy of valid PRC card
- 3 letters of reference from physicians familiar with the individual’s performance
For Urology Residency Training Program
- Certificate of completion of at least 2 years of GS training in a Philippine Board of Surgery training program
- 2 years in service exam result
- PRC board rating
- Photocopy of PRC card
- Photocopy of Medical School diploma
- Certified true copy of patient’s Medical School transcript of records
- At least 2 letters of recommendation from a urologist or a former supervisor or an MD in the future area of practice
- Accomplished application form and two 2 x 2 pictures
- Letter of Intent addressed to Emmanuel V. Lenon, MD,FPUA, Chairman ,Department of Urology
Applications will be accepted from January 2013 to September 1, 2013
Dr. Carlos Ramon N. Torres
Dr. Jose Vicente Prodigalidad
Dr. Nelson Patron
Operating Room Manager
Dr. Dennis P. Serrano
Dr. Rudolfo I. De Guzman
Dr. Carlos Ramon N. Torres, Jr.
Dr. Jesus Benjamin Mendoza and Dr. Jose Benito Abraham
Dr. Jose Vicente Prodigalidad and Dr. Ernesto Gerial Jr.
Laparoscopic and Minimally Invasive Surgery
Dr. Monette Bragais
Dr. Luis Florencio
Female Urology and Urodynamics
- Urodynamic Studies
- Advanced Immunological and Molecular Biological Studies
- Studies such as Fluorescence In-Situ Hybridization (FISH) for the diagnosis of cytology and surgical specimens.
- Diagnostic Catheter Angiography (for Renal Vascular Disease)
- Transrectal Ultrasound of the Prostate (TRUS) with or without Biopsies Radionuclide Imaging Studies such as bone, renal, adrenal, and testicular scans Color Doppler Imaging for vascular involvement of renal tumors or vascular defects
- Spiral CT (Computed Tomographic) Scans with 3D reconstruction
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) with or without contrast
- Trans-urethral Endourological Procedures including Ureteroscopies with EMI lithotripsy, ultrasonic lithotripsy, or pneumatic lithotripsy.
- Percutaneous procedures under Ultrasonic or Flouroscopic Guidance in the kidney or other organs like Percutaneous Nephrolithotomies or Nephrostomies, renal biopsies or percutaneous renal cyst aspirations. Miniperc.
- Special ancilliary surgical equipment such as ultrasonic dissector, argon beam coagulation, operating microscopes for microsurgery.
- Laparoscopic Urology: Nephrectomy, Pyeloplasty, Ureterolithotomy, Prostatectomy, Adrenalectomy
- Extra-corporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL)
- High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) using the EDAP Ablatherm for prostatic CA
- Cadaver and Living-Related Kidney Transplantation
- Interventional Catheter Angiography (for minimally-invasive treatment of renal vascular diseases, such as stenting of renal artery stenosis, selective renal arterial embolization, etc.
Patron, Nelson A
Morales, Marcelino L
Ferraren, Roy E.
Songco, Jaime SD
Florencio, Luis Jr. N
Verceles, Ellen C
Belisario, Manuel S.
Bartolome, Candido Eduardo F. III
Palanca, Lucio Giovanni M
Hipolito, Manuel David C.
Sorongon, Herman L.
Perez, Francisco Silvetre S.
Yusi, Genlinus D
Abraham, Jose Benito A.
Sebastian, Emmanuel B.
Nazareth, Stephen M
Saulog, Rolando Guillermo O
Gerial, Ernesto Jr. L.
Sancho, Raul N.
Fuentes, Paquito S.
Bragais, Frances Monette O.
Baguilat, Michael Douglas B.
Espino, Victor D.
Firmalo, Francisco F
Latayan, Michael Jonathan
Castro, Arturo P.
Agcaoili, Sigrid M.
Galuba, Darwin Henry V.